Vancouver Seniors Real Estate Specialist
Selling A Seniors Home
Selling a senior's home can be much more complicated, due to the number of unique issues and decisions - and sometimes the number of people involved. Questiions to ask yourself:
- is moving the best alternative? If so, where? What are the other options?
- Are your immediate family members on board with your decision to sell?
- what is the best way to downsize a lifetime's worth of possessions and family heirlooms?
- what are the tax-related implications of a sale?
- what effects might a sale hav on future income?
- A Vanocuver SRES will help guide you through the process and the special considerations, making the transaction less stressful and more successful.
What is a Vancouver SRES?
A Vancouver Senior Real Estate Specialist is a REALTOR who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. Teh SRES designation is awarded only to REALTORS who have additional edcation on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions.
They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. My mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
My SRES Professional Network
Selling your most valued and valuable asset, your home and the subsequent move often requires unique expertise on a number of different fronts. One compelling reason to choose an SRES is that you'll gain access to my network of related service professionals. For seniors, that includes specialists across a wide array of financial, legal, property and personal services, from estate planning to downsizing.
The Decision To Sell:
- reverse mortgage counselors can look at ways to use the home's equity to allow a senior to remain in their home, if that's required.
- tax spcialists and financial planners to examine ways to protect assets
- preparing the home for showing - handymen, landscapers and clutter reduction specialists
- legal considerations - real estate attorneys to help with estate planning or closing
- moving - downsizing experts, senor moving specialists, estate sale planners and storage facilities.
Prior to Starting the Process
- are all relevant family members aware of the upcoming sale and the reasons for it?
- have the tax consequences of a sale been considered?
- will an adult child be acting on the behlf of a parent in the sale?
- if family members are assisting a parent in the sales process, has one member been chosen to be the contact in communicating with professionals?
What to Expect from Maggie Chandler - Your Vancouver SRES
I have chosen to become an SRES because I enjoy interacting with seniors and I understand that this can be a stressful time for a family. The amount of information coming your way may seem overwhelming, so I am there to help by tailoring meetings to a senior's needs, answer your questions and move forward at a pace that works best for you. I have a lot of patience!
Key Steps in the Process
- housing options
- home adaptations
- meeting healthcare needs
- financial considerations
- legal considerations
- selling your current home
Selling Your Home
Essential steps you can expect during the process, after listing papers are singed:
- pricing considerations
- staging your home
- showing your home
- negotiating the sale and closing
- packing and moving
- moving checklist