PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR SALE
To achieve top dollar your property must inspire the buyers and show better than your competition. Staging achieves this. Stats show you’ll get a 5-1 return (spend $1,000 and get an additional $5,000 on the sale price). Staging doesn’t have to be expensive. There are two options available to you – Personal Staging and Professional Staging and I will recommend the best option for you, based on your floorplan and the condition of your property.
If your property is empty or needs decorating, home stagers can make your place look like a Home and Garden feature spread. Stats show that homes which show the best sell faster and for more money
Walk through your home with an objective eye and pretend you are a potential buyer. How does it present and how does it feel? This is the time to capitalize on your investment!
Here is a list of tasks you can do yourself which will greatly improve the appeal of your home and achieve a higher price.
Remember, you must prepare your home for each showing because this will enhance the buyer’s experience when they view your home
- Clean – first and foremost, clean. A clean house always sells better. Keep doing it because it’s that important that your home sparkles
- Declutter – you don’t want buyers focusing on your Beatles memorabilia because then they don’t focus on your property. So put away your personal items, including family pictures
- Rent a storage locker if necessary and remove some furnishings
- Make minor repairs such as cracked tiles, paint touch ups or a complete repaint, fix squeaky doors and cupboards, leaky faucets
- Vacuum floors
- Open blinds/curtains to make your home brighter
- Turn on all lighting
- Leave 10 minutes before the scheduled showing time and don’t forget to take your pets with you
- Remove all pots and pans on the stove and dishes from the sink
- Make sure all beds are neatly made
- Turn on all bathroom lights and put out clean towels
- Don’t leave newspapers and magazines lying around
- Clean and clear all tables, countertops and kitchen appliances
- Close closet and cupboard doors
- All laundry (clean and dirty) should be out of sight
- Take out the garbage and hide litter boxes
- Set the temperature on medium, not too hot or too cold
- Soft music adds ambience and triggers positive buyer emotions when they visit your home
- No cooking smells except for baking
- My brochures displayed in the brochure holder
Planning to Move? Please fill out the form and Maggie will contact you to arrange a time for a free Home Market Readiness.