What is the BC Strata Property Act?

The BC Stata Property Act includes detailed bylaws that apply to all property and operations of every condominium building.

The Act outlines the duties of owners, tenants, occupants, visitors, the corporation and the strata council, as well as the procedures at council and general meetings.

As well, the bylaws allow the strata corporatio to penalize owners who violate the bylaws. Bylaws and rules spell out the owners rights and responsibilites, and are in place to maintain a certain standard of day to day living within the complex.

Bylaws may restrict or prohibit the renting out of units in the building.

They may also restrict or prohibit pets and certain age groups.

Bylaws and rules may control the size of patios and regulate the use of the recreational facilities and other common property.

Changes in condo units such as renovations to mechanical or structural systems or exterior alterations that affect other owners will require permission from the strata corporation.

Buying or selling Vancouver real estate? Put Maggie Chandler's hyper-local experience to work for you! Call 604-328-0077

No comments

Post Your Comment:

* indicates required fields.
Your Name: *
Please note, your email will not be shown publicly
Your Email (will not be published): *
Comment: *
Please type the text as it appears above:
Posts By Date
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.