City of Vancouver's Densification Program Not Popular

Over the last few years there has been a backlash against the City of Vancouver's densification program and neighbourhood associations are speaking out. The neighbourhoods of the West End, Marpole, Oakridge, Chinatown,Grandview, Mount Pleasant, Kerrisdale, Hastings and Kitsilano are some of the areas effected.

When a piece of land is redeveloped the old building is not the best and highest use, but how much should the densification be increased? At what point does it negatively impact the quality of life for the neighbourhood residents?

Will Vancouver condos eventually be a part of all our neighbourhoods?

Wall Financial obtained a development permit to redevelop the iconic Shannon Mews Estate at 57th and Granville, with hirises which is precedent setting for this Vancouver neighbourhood. Some will be rental buildings and some will be condos, accompanied by underground parking.

The neighbours are fairly upset.

Buying or selling Vancouver real estate? Put Maggie Chandler's hyper-local experience to work for you! Call 604-328-0077

No comments

Post Your Comment:

* indicates required fields.
Your Name: *
Please note, your email will not be shown publicly
Your Email (will not be published): *
Comment: *
Please type the text as it appears above:
Posts By Date